80-Year Old Millennial Launch @ SXSW
The 80-Year Old Millennial experience is a moment of discovery for how you feel about what the future might hold. Whether you embrace change by diving in head-first, take a back-seat and ponder the impact of change or you wait until everyone else has tried something first before you adopt anything new, we can all benefit from knowing more about what the future might hold and how it will affect our lives.
THE ASK: Create an experience to launch the 80-Year Old Millennial (80YOM) online platform to drive traffic to the 80YOM aptitude experience, drive engagement with content and drum up media attention.
- Partnership development and integration
- Develop experiential marketing strategy
- Project management
- Produce the activation
- Manage brand ambassadors
By tapping to an existing partnership with Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC), an invitation-only community for entrepreneurs under the age of 45, I was able to enhance the partnership to be integrated into their YEC Founder’s Lounge event during SXSW. This enhanced partnership resulted in a co-hosted multi-event campaign at a prominent venue in Downtown Austin.
- Brunch – Guests were able to partake in a Southern-style brunch that included a mac and cheese bar and complimentary mimosas
- Panel Discussion – A discussion on how financial service institutions can better partner with startups to address the following factors found to be impacting the financial wellness of millennials: Uncertainty at work, technology dependence and investing
- Millennial Party – Guests sipped on complimentary signature cocktails while experiencing the 80YOM activation, dancing to the sounds of the DJ and trying out some of the latest VR gaming technology.
- Three Co-Branded Events: Southern-Style Brunch, Better Together Panel Discussion and Millennial Party
- LOOPD by etouches – wearable smart business cards made connecting with one another as easy as the touch of a button
- Co-branded transformation of the venue, including digital signage, lighting, pillows, step and repeat and charging stations
- Brought the 80YOM aptitude test to life by having an interactive kiosk with 3D printout of the guest’s persona
- Bartenders transformed to 80 year olds by makeup artist
- Post event email to attendees with the 80YOM full survey
- 200+ Event Attendees
- Dozens of publication placements including Forbes, Event Marketer and Washington Post
- Hundreds of millions of impressions
- Close to 100K website visits
Event Marketer – “It’s no secret that millennials aren’t getting any younger, so to help them envision their financial future, Prudential Financial set up shop at one of the demographic’s most beloved events: SXSW. There, the brand brought its latest white paper, “The 80-Year-Old Millennial,” to life through interactive engagements; co-hosted a networking lounge; and co-produced a panel discussion aimed at helping consumers visualize what work, technology, health and money will look like in the decades to come.” – Kait Shea
YEC’s recap and more photos can be found here.
Photos by: Pretty Instant