Hi! I’m Phaon, an accomplished marketing professional, serial entrepreneur, speaker, and college instructor who has made a significant impact in my field over the course of my 16-year career. I was born and raised in Louisiana and attended Southeastern Louisiana University where I earned my B.S. After completing my undergraduate studies, I went on to pursue my Executive MBA from Quantic School of Business and Technology.
My passion for marketing and entrepreneurship led me to start several successful businesses, including BKLYN LEAGUE apparel company, LuxuriousPROTOTYPE Online Magazine, and Prototype MKTG. Prototype MKTG focuses on digital, experiential, and multicultural marketing, and has quickly established itself as one of the leading marketing agencies in the industry. I have extensive experience working across various industries, including finance, technology, non-profit, and entertainment/media, and have become known for my creative and innovative approach to marketing. My expertise has afforded me the opportunity to work on domestic and international initiatives for companies such as YouTube (Google), Prudential, and Island Def Jam.
My expertise in marketing has also earned me recognition as a sought-after speaker and consultant. Through my speaking engagements, I have worked with the White House, T. Howard Foundation, and The Obama Foundation. I have been featured in a number of publications, including Forbes, Black Enterprise, Vogue, and Men’s Health, and have had the opportunity to teach digital marketing to a wide range of individuals from various career backgrounds through my speaking engagements, courses, and consulting services.
As an adjunct instructor at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering and Parsons School of Design, I have imparted my knowledge and experience to students, helping to shape the next generation of professionals. My dedication to the field and my commitment to excellence have earned me a reputation as a leading authority in the industry, and I continue to inspire others with my passion and drive.
My present work encompasses several roles, including:
- Founder and Chief Experience Officer at Prototype MKTG, a Brooklyn-based Creative Agency.
- Adjunct Instructor, New York University
- Adjunct Instructor, Parsons School of Design|New School
- CEO and Founder of BKLYN LEAGUE, a men’s apparel, accessories and home goods e-commerce store founded in 2016.
- Creator of LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com, an online men’s lifestyle Magazine established in 2007 that connects men throughout the world to fashion, arts & culture, entertainment and lifestyles.
- Product Marketing, Global Reputation Marketing at YouTube
- Corporate Sponsorship and Activation Manager at Prudential Financial, a Global Fortune 100 company located in Newark, New Jersey.
- Board Member, College Beyond
- Advisory Council Member, Teens of Color Abroad
- Notable Member, Carnegie Hall
- Eagles Member, Brooklyn Public Library
- Member, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity
- Junior Board Member, Eagle Academy Foundation
- Member, New York Urban League Young Professionals
- Bachelor of Science in Organismal Biology from Southeastern Louisiana University
- Executive Master of Business Administration from Quantic School of Business and Technology
- Marketing Certificate from The Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania
- Continuing Studies Student at New York University of Professional Studies
Prototype MKTG is a Brooklyn-based creative agency that specializes in experiential, multicultural and digital marketing. Learn more.
BKLYN LEAGUE is a men’s apparel, accessories and home goods e-commerce store that was founded in 2016. Learn more.