Hi, I’m Phaon. I’m no stranger to the marketing and entrepreneurship space. I’ve built three successful companies and have worked for such companies and clients as Prudential Financial, Nintendo, Major League Baseball, McDonalds, Old Spice, Clinique, New York State Senate, Island Def Jam Music Group and more.
As one of Black Enterprise magazine’s 100 Modern Men of Distinction, I’m a marketer, entrepreneur, college adjunct instructor, speaker and social influencer. I’ve channeled the entrepreneurial legacies of my great grandfather, grandfather and father to inspire my journey. I’m a thought leader and speaker for people who want to sharpen their marketing skills or explore their entrepreneurship mindset. I’m sincere, yet brutally honest about what it takes to grow a career as an entrepreneur or a corporate “intrapreneuer.”
I speak nationally on digital and experiential brand marketing, entrepreneurship, career growth and personal branding. I use my own career experiences and education to help people understand the steps it takes to achieve their own personal success.
My approach leaves audiences feeling confident, knowing that they are better prepared to reach the next level in their professional lives. I’ve been a thought-leader and speaker for groups such as New York University, New School/Parsons, City University of New York, The White House, T. Howard Foundation, Black Enterprise Modern Man, Trailblazers Podcast, City Year, The Obama Foundation’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative and more.
My present work encompasses several roles, including:
- Founder and Chief Experience Officer at Prototype MKTG, a Brooklyn-based Creative Agency.
- Adjunct Instructor, New York University
- Adjunct Instructor, Parsons School of Design|New School
- CEO and Founder of BKLYN LEAGUE, a men’s apparel, accessories and home goods e-commerce store founded in 2016.
- Creator of LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com, an online men’s lifestyle Magazine established in 2007 that connects men throughout the world to fashion, arts & culture, entertainment and lifestyles.
- Corporate Sponsorship and Activation Manager at Prudential Financial, a Global Fortune 100 company located in Newark, New Jersey.
- Volunteer, College Beyond
- Advisory Council Member, Teens of Color Abroad
- Junior Board Member, Eagle Academy Foundation
- Notable Member, Carnegie Hall
- Member, New York Urban League Young Professionals
I received a Bachelor of Science in Organismal Biology from Southeastern Louisiana University, a Marketing Certificate from The Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania and a continuing studies student at New York University of Professional Studies. I'm currently an Executive Master of Business Administration student at Quantic School of Business and Technology.