Phaon K. Spurlock is no stranger to the marketing and communications field. He has worked for such clients as Prudential Financial, Nintendo, Major League Baseball, McDonalds, Seedco, Clinique, New York State Senate, Island Def Jam Music Group and more.
Founder of BKLYN LEAGUE
BKLYN LEAGUE is a men’s apparel, accessories and home goods e-commerce store that was founded in 2016.
Creator of LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com
LuxuriousPROTOTYPE is an Online Men’s Lifestyle Magazine that connects men throughout the world to fashion, arts & culture, entertainment, events, sports and omni-channel news. The magazine presents a luxury perspective to everyday lifestyle topics and interests. As we continue to develop, we pledge to provide insightful content, applicable fashion and lifestyle tips, and access to highly sought-after social, political, and philanthropic events.
Freelance Writer at Men’s Health Magazine Network
Professional and Philanthropic Organizations
- Eagle Academy Foundation – Junior Board Member
- New York Urban League – Young Professionals
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated – Nu Omega (Undergrad)
- Carnegie Hall – Notables
- Evidence, A Dance Company – Young Patron
- Setlist Media Group
- Eagle Academy Mentor via 100 Black Men
Awards and Honors
- 100 Modern Men of Distinction – Black Enterprise Magazine, 2016
- 6 Young Professionals on the Rise – Success in the Career Jungle, 2015
- 6 Young Professionals on the Rise – Success in the Career Jungle, 2014
- Top 50 New Media Moguls – Rainbow Fashion Week, 2014
- Who’s Who Among American College Students, 2004
- White House Summit – Marketing Strategies for the Affordable Care Act, 2014 & 2015
- Black Enterprise Modern Man: Meet “The Culturalist” Phaon K. Spurlock
- How Phaon Spurlock Built His Own Brand, BKLYN LEAGUE, While Still Working a 9-5, Trailblazers Podcast, 2016
- Black Enterprise Modern Man Panelist (New York City), 2016