Phaon Spurlock started his blogging career in 2006 when a friend of his suggested that he start a blog to chronologize his experiences while interning at Island Def Jam Music Group and serving as Director of Programs and Events for Southeastern Louisiana University. From that conversation he started LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com. He begin blogging the events he attend, the artist campaigns he worked on and new trends within the fashion world. The encouragement of his peers help motivate him to divulge deeper into blogging.
After a year after starting his personal blog he transformed LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com into a lifestyle blog. The blog was geared to both men and women, however most of the content was related to men’s lifestyle. Currently, LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com is a Men’s Lifestyle Online Magazine that highlights fashion, lifestyle, entertainment, events, technology and sports.
- Trend research
- Produce quality content
- Edit editorial copy
- Oversee content and coverage
- Oversee expenditure of operations
- Management of a team of contributors, writers and interns.
- Formulation of marketing and promotion campaigns
- Build close relationships with PR firms, writers, ad agencies and other media related professionals.
- Create social media campaigns to ensure effectiveness and ensure the adoption of relevant social media techniques
- Integrate social media tools to create more traffic for optimal monetization
- Coordinate the planning of social media campaigns
- Monitor and comment on trends in social media
- Monitor competition to be aware of market changes and developments
- Measure financial impact (ROI based on CPM and CPC) and non-financial impact.